Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Elder Young

LOVE this smile.
 We got to skype with Nick this past Sunday for Mother's day.  Man.  I sure miss that kid.  It was so good to hear his voice and see his cute face.  We did a three-way call since my folks were in Utah meeting Kris and Brenna's new baby boy Greyson.  (what a cutie.)  He looked kinda homesick but sounds so good.  He was just a grinning fool and so were all of us.  Amber was in full "i'ma-crazy-pregnant-lady-and-can't-control-my-hormones" swing and bawled like a baby.  I was actually quite surprised that I wasn't blubbering too.  I think I was too tired.  Anyways--his mission sounds crazy and I sure hope he stays safe over there.  It was really neat listening to one of his stories he told us about a family that he baptized who is now having a hard time because of random little things.  He was very distraught over it and had a hard time talking about it.  My dad was able to give him  scriptures from a story in the Bible that related PERFECTLY to the struggle this family was having.  Nick was able to write down the reference and it was such a cool thing to watch that father-son teaching moment.  Nick has always given my poor dad a run for his money, so watching them interact in such a positive way was so sweet.  I know he is where he needs to be.  I know the people of Quito are lucky to have him as a missionary.  I know he is going to come home a better man for having made the decision to serve the Lord.  I'm so so proud of him.
Saying hi to Charly (who is posing on the bottom screen for him)

Meeting Greyson


3 comments:

Jami said...

Thank you for making me feel so old. I can't believe I babysat him.

Jalei & Lane said...

So fun! I did not know Amber was pregnant?!

Regina said...

Awww, that's awesome!