Sunday, September 23, 2012

Cruise day ONE

 Sunday morning we caught a shuttle from our hotel in Ft. Lauderdale to Miami where we set sail.  We got our bags checked in and waited about an hour or so before being able to board.  We spent lots of time taking cheesy photos and exploring the ship while we waited for our rooms to be ready.   Everyone had been on a cruise before except for Clint and I so I think we were both a little shell-shocked.  Those things are HUGE!  I really couldn't get over how big it was.  Once we left port and unpacked our bags we had some food, toured the ship more, ate more food, and then did a little karaoke.  YES.  We did. 

Important things to remember about day ONE:

Asking BJ to take a group picture of the girls and learning he had turned my phone camera to take pics of himself instead (see pic below)
Purchasing a soda pass for the week for Clint was $45.  $45!!!  On soda!!!!!!!!  Reason #9987 why I don't drink that crap.
Craig see's below photo of he and Clint riding bikes and realizes he is bald.
Ladies sang Gretchen Wilson's "Redneck Woman"--we all got the "Hell Yeah" part down quite nicely.
Fellas sang Black Eyed Peas "Tonight's Gonna Be a Good Night" and we all learned that Clint is quite the dancer. (Is that the name of the song?  I can't remember, but I know that is the chorus because every time BJ sang it he'd point to Katherine and shake his hips)
Learning I should have packed a cute ship bag instead of lugging around my huge diaper bag the whole time.


4 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

So jealous! I've never been on a cruise. Where did you get your blue shirt in these pictures. I bought a few similar from Target, but I have to wear a shirt underneath because they're too thin, which makes me not ever want to wear it!

Tiffany said...

haha LOVE this!!! Keep the pictures coming!!!

Regina said...

SO FUN!!! Can't wait to hear about the rest! And $45 for cokes!! Ahhhhh!! That sitnks bc we would need two! Michael is such a bad influence and I drink coke all the time now. Grrrr.

Jami said...

I didn't realize that your siblings went with you. Going with someone you know would make a cruise so much more fun.