Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Weekend Hikes

We borrowed a hiking pack from my cousin a few weeks ago and have been putting it to good use.  The weather has been so  nice lately (still too hot for almost November, but whatever.) that we have been spending lots of time outside.  The first weekend we attempted to make it up the Heiroglyphics trail in the Superstition Mountains.  We didn't quite make it but the girls did fantastic. Emery most of all.  She laughed and chatted and made noises the entire time in her cozy little ride.  She LOVED it.  Sage and Charlotte both had their little melt-downs toward the end but for the most part did so great.  
The following weekend we tried something a little closer to home and did Usury Pass trails.  The trails were much sandier and not quite as fun--made more for bikers than hikers-- but it was still fun. The girls pooped out earlier so Clint and I did a lot of carrying, but it was a great afternoon.  I love getting to spend time together on the weekends.

Pics from hike ONE:
my ladies love me
notice the toilet paper?  what a good daddy.
lunch break

Pics from hike TWO:
you know you want to squeeze those cheeks.

3 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

So fun you have places to go like that.

Jami said...

That's great you guys have some place like that to go for family fun.

Regina said...

You are such a champ, I HATE being outdoors! Anyway, I was being sarcastic in my post....OBVIOUSLY I voted for Romney! Haha!