How my baby is almost three weeks old is beyond me.
And how I'm supposed to pick what pictures are sweet enough to include in my yearly books is too hard, so I'm including all of them.
Little Ivy is such a wonderful and sweet little gal. She was 5 lbs 7 oz at one week old, and I'll take her in for another weight check in a week or so. I'm skipping her well visit to save some cash. She is filling out though, that's for sure. She still sleeps a ton, but definitely has her "awake" times. She's usually awake for about two hours after eating each morning, where I try to keep her in the sunlight a bit. She's still looking a little jaundice to me. She is also awake in the late afternoon for a few hours. She's always super happy and content, which I'm hoping doesn't change! She has a super hard time staying awake to eat. The first two weeks she usually ate for about 4 minutes on each side and that was with me really working to keep her awake. She's getting better now, but meal time for her takes FOREVER. I have to set her down after she eats on one side to get her to wake up. Then we change her diaper, burp her, wait for her to get the hiccups because she gets them after EVERY meal, and then she eats again for a bit longer. On a good try, it's an hour long process. So I feel like she's hooked up a ton, but I LOVE it. It makes me slow down and sit down and relax and enjoy my sweet little newborn. I love my time with her so so much.
We have started going on walks most mornings, just to get out of the house before it's too hot to step outside. Yes, Emery is naked. And Charlotte is always way ahead of us. That girl can run all day. And I love that some days they all want to stay right beside me and help me push the stroller. So sweet.
Almost two weeks in this picture, and it's my FIRST photo with her. Aside from the hospital anyway. How did that happen?!


We took the girls down to the box I coach at just to hang out and watch daddy work out. Ignore the belly chub.

Whoa! Whoa.
Seriously, my toddler is HUGE!!!!

I tried the whole "water colors in the bath tub" crap that's all over pinterest. Big fail. It will not be happening again. These pictures were taken right at the beginning of the bath. It does not do justice to the extreme catastrophe that was the bathtub. Yes, they had so much fun and stayed busy in the bath for over an hour. BUT? It took over an hour for me to clean all the paint off and the messes they made while I was cleaning the bath. Totally not worth it!


2 comments:
Ha! That watercolor thing looks like a total mess! Plus, it seems like you would have to give your kid another bath afterwards...
Precious!
Post a Comment