Monday, June 8, 2015

SAGE


My sweet little Sage is not so little anymore.  She had an amazing year in Mrs. Mendoza's class for first grade.   I've been blown away by her progress this year.  She really struggled through kinder but has really seemed to catch on and catch up this year.  She's reading like a champ and is learning how to study for tests and think outside the box.  She has started to come out of her shell little by little and it's so fun to witness it.  I was able to help at her class party on the last day of school, and her teacher had awards for each student.  She would describe the student and let the class guess who she was talking about.  It was so fun to be there for that, and I was moved to tears listening to her go on and on about my Sage.  She started out by saying that the student she was describing had the most amazing smile in the world.  She said that when she smiled, you couldn't help but smile back.  She said when she was happy, the whole world was happy but if she was sad, the whole world was sad with her.  She said she was the happiest, sweetest, and most sensitive student she had ever had.  She said she was always helping her classmates and going out of her way to be kind to others.  It made my heart explode listening to her.  While she was describing her, her friends were all pointing to Sage and chanting, it's Sage! it's Sage!  It was a fun moment for sure.  I am so proud of this little Miss and love her so much more than I know how to say.

1 comment:

Jalei & Lane said...

That's so sweet. I'd be crying too.