Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pre-School

Sage started preschool on Monday.  Clint and I really debated about whether or not to send her this year just because we don't need another monthly expense (who does?), but in the end we worked a deal with her teacher and I'm so glad we did.  She cried pretty hard the first two days and has been exhausted from her long 2 1/2 hour class twice a week (haha!) so I think it's a good intro to kindergarten.  We carpool with her little friend from church and it's fantastic because I take Sage and her pal Hailee at noon, come home and get Charlotte and Emery down for naps and get my work done until Sage gets brought home at 2:30.  2 1/2 hours people!  Twice a week.  Of quiet.  It's pretty amazing.  Most of all, I LOVE when she comes home so excited to see me and tell me about her class.  We sit on the couch together while she tells me what she learned and what they did and then we read stories together for ten minutes while she has a snack.  Usually by that time Charlotte is waking up and will either read stories with us or just beg for a "show".  I love that one-on-one time I get with Sage.   I sometimes feel like she gets treated a little unfairly because she's the oldest.  I tend to put up with less from her and it's not right.  So any time I get to be with just her, I love.  She is bursting with personality lately.  She is our little entertainer.  She will dance for anyone and everyone whether you want her to or not.  She is always asking if I want to see her ballerina moves or see how far she can jump or if I want to hear her sing a special song.  The other day she was watching the Olympics with Clint and one of the running events came on.  She said, "Dad!!!  Look!  Those guys are made of chocolate!!"  (referring to the African American runners)  We about died laughing.  She is the best big sister.  Charlotte is having a hard time sharing and coming to agreements on what tv shows to watch, what books to read, etc.  Sage is always so eager to please and will let Charlotte choose over and over again just to keep the peace.  It's amazing.  She is reeeeeeeeal sensitive.  In good ways and bad ways.  She has an active imagination and is always coming up with very strange things to say or sing.  She and Charlotte have imaginary friends that they carry with them--usually a pet lion or mermaid or animal of some sort.  I'm already starting to have anxiety about sending her off to kindergarten next year.  It freaks me out.  I love my big preschooler so much. 




And on Sage's first day of school, little Miss C and I had some great one-on-one playing time, too.  This little girls is FULL of SASS!


4 comments:

Regina said...

Awwww! Love the pics! I am getting sad thinking about sending Kelly to preschool!! He will go T/W/Th 9-2:30!!! And his first day is my birthday!! Sad!!!

Tiffany said...

I love this post! Preschool is awesome, isn't it? Its not only great for the kids, but great for parents to get that time, even if it is only 2 1/2 hours 2 days a week. it feels like a lot! I can't believe she is gonna be in kindergarten next year! I'm glad you decided to put her in preschool this year, cuz it will make her transition into kindergarten so much easier! :)

Jami said...

Cute pictures! What program are you using for writing on them?

Jalei & Lane said...

What a big girl she is! And I'm dying about the chocolate comment. Awesome!