Sunday, February 17, 2013

Mommy/Daughter Date



Sage and I went out on a little date this past weekend.  We had our toes painted and she had her nails painted at a little nail salon.  She was pretty terrified the whole time.  And I was pretty disappointed in their service.  The fella who painted her nails was nice enough, but I felt like they should have made her a little more comfortable and made a bigger deal of it than they did.  At least put her in a comfy chair?  But maybe that's just me being an over-anxious mom.  She didn't say one word or crack one smile the whole time and on the way out to the car she said next time she just wanted to paint them at home like we usually do.  Girl after my own heart.  After we had our nails done we stopped for some frozen yogurt and then found lollipops at the store.  She chose exactly what she wanted to do and I felt like they were such sweet and easy requests.  I just love having one-on-one time with my kids.  Sage is the sweetest little gal.  The whole time we were out she talked about how much Charlotte would love to come next time and how we really should bring her something home so she wouldn't be sad.  She saved half her yogurt and picked out a sucker for her and was so excited to bring them home for Charlotte after our date.  I love that while I was trying to focus only on her and make sure she was happy, all she was focusing on was making sure Charlotte was happy.  I LOVE my little big girl.

3 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

What a sweetie thinking of her sister. I would have wanted them to make a big deal also.

sladefamilyaz said...

What a sweet girl!

Jami said...

That is so thoughtful of her,