Whoa. Emery.
My once happy, sweet, loveable, no-tantrum little baby has turned into a full blown MONSTER! When she's happy, she's HAPPY. But look the heck out when she is mad, or sad, or not getting her way, or just plain P.O'ed.
She loves to kick and buck and scream her head off any and every time she gets her diaper changed or her clothes changed. And the SECOND I'm done, she is smiling again. I kid not. If I'm a little slow at getting her food ready, she SCREAMS like a bloody pterodactyl at the top of her lungs. It grates on my nerves so bad.
She is also not really talking yet--so she has determined that her best form of communication is to scream. When she wants a drink? She screams until you figure it out. Food? Screams. A toy she can't reach? Screams. It's ridiculous! We have tried to teach her sign language like we did with the other girls, but she pretty much refuses to do it, even though I'm almost positive she knows how. My patience is pretty thin these days (like, non-existent) so it's possible I have screamed right back at her a time or two. Or several times a day, every day. Whatever. Aside from screaming at me all day, she's major into this:
OK, bad stuff out of the way. Aside from hitting the terrible two's half a year early, her grin just melts me. She is such a dark-eyed beauty and I love how pudgy she is getting. She will be 18 months next month and I'm excited for nursery with her! Church is a long, rough 3 hours.
She goes to bed usually between 6:30-7 and sleeps till 8:30-9 every morning, but lately she has this strange habit of waking up screaming at least once a night. I usually go in, pick her up and take a lap or two around the house with her, then lay her right back down. The whole process takes maybe 5 minutes, but it's weird how it's every night and it seems like she is scared and just needs to make sure everyone is still where they are supposed to be and then she lays quietly back down without any fuss. Her naps are usually 2-3 hours each afternoon, and I try my hardest to make sure she gets them every day. Cuz otherwise? LOOK OUT. She's a tiny terror for the rest of the day.
She is still a major daddy's girl. I'm pretty much chopped-liver when he is home.
Just like her sisters, she is a pretty big baby. She's scared of bugs, the hose when we play outside, any foreign objects, etc.
She loves to play outside and she LOVES bath time.
I just love my little gal. Some days more than others, but I honestly cannot imagine our little family without her in it.
2 comments:
I love reading your blog because my kids seem to be right behind yours in age. It really helps me to see... ok, this is normal, I don't need to commit my children just yet. =) My little baby just made the same transition from perfect baby to screaming banshee. haha. They are still cute though. That never changes.
Davis JUST stared going to the nursery. I thought I was FINALLY going to get a break, but guess what? The very day I took him in there, I got called to the nursery!
Post a Comment